Sunday, December 7, 2008

I took a fun tag from my cousin Bethany for Christmas. Thought it might be fun to sit back and think about the small things that I love about the holiday and try to steer clear of the hectic scene!


Christmas Tag


1. Do you like hot chocolate or egg nog?


Hot chocolate! Egg Nog is too rich


2. Does Santa wrap presents or just put them under the tree?


He wraps them and leaves the pile for each child...he doesnt want to have to tag whos is whos! :)

3. Colored or white lights on tree/house?

I prefer white, its more classic. Although this year I came home from work to the tree already lit with colored lights! Ah well what do ya do!

4. When do you put up your decorations?

I try the day after Thanksgiving. But as of this moment all that is up are those colored lights on the tree!

5. What is your favorite holiday dish?

Anything and everything! Although I do enjoy the breakfast casserole I make every Christmas morning. I think that it is the tradition of my mom, Daniel and Nick's family coming that I enjoy it so much. That is our time every year!

6. What is your favorite holiday memory from your childhood?

I cant think of one exact one! I never had a bad memory, they were all great!

7. Do you open a gift on Christmas eve?

I dont, but the kids do. That tradition we always did when I was younger we would always get pj's from Grandma Riding so now my son gets to open pj's from me!

8. How do you decorate your Christmas tree?

Um...that is a hard question. If it means what theme then I guess mine is kind of a country theme. Not music just alot of wooden ornaments so it kind of has a woodsy feel.

9. Snow! Love it or dread it?

Dread, dread, dread! I love the look of it, hate driving in it!

10. Do you remember your favorite gift?

My Grandma Moody gave me some porcelein cats one year that were over a hundred years old when she gave them to me! I still have them!

11. What is the most important thing about the holidays for you?

Being able to stop and enjoy family and friends

12. What is your favorite Holiday dessert?

That is a hard one! They are all too good!

13. What is your favorite holiday tradition?

Breakfast on christmas morning with my family, my mom, Daniel, Nick and Amera

14. What tops your tree?

A raffia bow

15. Which do you prefer: giving or receiving?

Giving, I love seeing the face of someone when you get it right!

16. What is your favorite Christmas song?

Any of them one my Josh Groban CD...what an amazing voice!

17.Candy canes?

If they are there I may eat one, but its nothing I have to have

18. Secret Santa?

Yes that is very fun

19. Favorite Christmas movie?

A Christmas Story...what a fun and simple classic!

20. Can you ice skate?

Oh heck no! And yes I have lived in Utah my whole life!


1 comment:

Nick and Amera said...

I cant believe you dont know how to ice skate! It s like the easisiest thing ever! I am pro so you need to step up your game and come with me sometime! hahahaha. Actually i've only been once in my entire life....Good luck with that right??? We should get the fam and go that would be fun! I could push coy in a stroller so I dont fall on my pregnant ass! Fun times!!!